Legionella Testing Services
Rapid Testing. Reliable Results.
Q Labs, A Trusted Name In Legionella Testing
Established in 1966, Q Laboratories has over 50-years of experience within the water testing industry. Today, from our state-of-the-art 33,000 sq/ft. laboratory, we specialize in providing both cultural and rapid detection test methods for Legionella, connecting the most current technology to the water treatment industry.
Looking for the Study Enrollment Package?
Read Our Paper:
“Comparative Evaluation Of Three Modern PCR Methods For Quantitative And Qualitative Analysis Of Legionella spp. For Routine Monitoring Of Premise Water System Samples.”
CDC ELITE Certified
What is the CDC ELITE Program?
- This acronym stands for the Centers for Disease Control Environmental Legionella Isolation Techniques Evaluation. The program allows for laboratories to test their Legionella isolation techniques against a set of standardized samples. The labs that correctly identify Legionella in 2 consecutive panels receive documentation for passing the proficiency test. Since 2013, Q Laboratories has been continuously recognized as a CDC ELITE Certified laboratory.
- Q Laboratories is also recognized by AOAC, MicroVal, and AFNOR with ‘Expert Lab’ status.
Rapid Legionella Test Offerings
- Quantification of live Legionella spp., L. pneumophila SG-1, L. pneumophila SG 2-15.
- Results delivered the next day!
- Rapid identification via Bruker Maldi-TOF technology included
- Allows for confirmation of Legionella recovery with speed and confidence, eliminating analyst variability
- Accurate, reliable results delivered within 7-10 business days
- Qualitative method confirming presence or absence of Legionella spp.
- Limit of Detection – 10 CFU/L
- Results delivered within 2-3 business days
The Future of Water Testing:
A conversation outlining the need to provide standards to drive improvement in analysis of Legionella and other waterborne pathogens. Moderated by Erin Crowley – CSO, Q Laboratories.
Added Q Labs Benefits
- Lab open 7 days
- Same day test initiation
- Weekend sample receipts
- Legionella test kit bottles and boxes available
- Convenient shipping of samples and supplies
- Regional courier service, sample drop-off and sample pick-up